Industrial TFT Displays with LED Backlights
Home » Products » LCD Displays » Industrial TFT Displays with LED Backlights
In the world of industrial displays, the technology used to create them is constantly evolving. One such technology is the use of LED backlights for TFT displays. This technology has been around for a while, but it is only recently that it has become more popular in the industrial world. Our displays feature exceptionally high contrast, color saturation and superior performance enhancements such as Advanced Wide Viewing (AWV) for true color fidelity, Super-High Brightness (SHB) and Wide Temperature range.
- Long life LED Backlight (upto 100K hours)
- Advanced Wide Viewing Angle (85/85/85/85)
- Super High Brightness (exceeding 1500nits)
- Built in Constant Current Circuit for LED backlight (CCC)
- Wide Operating Temperature range
- Longevity of product lifespan
How the technology works
TFT (thin-film transistor) displays are a type of LCD (liquid crystal display) that are commonly used in industrial applications. TFT displays are made up of a series of pixels that are individually controlled by thin-film transistors. These transistors act as tiny switches that turn on and off to allow light to pass through the pixels.
The backlight is an essential component of any TFT display. It is responsible for providing the necessary light to illuminate the pixels so that they can be seen. Traditional backlights use cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) to produce the necessary light. However, in recent years, LED (light-emitting diode) backlights have become more popular.
LED backlights work by using an array of LEDs to produce the necessary light. These LEDs are typically placed around the edges of the display, with a diffuser plate used to distribute the light evenly across the screen. The advantage of using LEDs is that they are more efficient than CCFLs, which means that they use less power and produce less heat. This makes them ideal for use in industrial applications where power consumption and heat dissipation are critical factors.
Advantages and limitations
The use of LED backlights in industrial TFT displays offers several advantages. Firstly, they are more energy-efficient than CCFL backlights. This means that they use less power, which can result in cost savings over time. Secondly, LEDs have a longer lifespan than CCFLs, which means that they require less maintenance and replacement. Thirdly, LEDs produce less heat than CCFLs, which can help to prolong the lifespan of the display.
However, there are also some limitations to using LED backlights in industrial TFT displays. Firstly, LED backlights can be more expensive than CCFL backlights. This can make them less cost-effective for certain applications. Secondly, LED backlights may not produce the same color gamut as CCFLs, which can result in slightly less accurate color reproduction. Finally, LED backlights may not be suitable for use in extreme temperatures or environments, as they can be more sensitive to temperature changes and humidity.
Industrial TFT displays with LED backlights are commonly used in a variety of applications. Some examples include:
- Industrial automation: TFT displays with LED backlights are ideal for use in industrial automation applications, where high brightness and energy efficiency are essential.
- Medical devices: LED backlights are commonly used in medical devices such as X-ray machines and MRI scanners, where high brightness and color accuracy are essential.
- Transportation: TFT displays with LED backlights are commonly used in transportation applications such as aviation, marine, and automotive displays, where high brightness and energy efficiency are critical.
- Gaming: LED backlights are commonly used in gaming displays, where high brightness and color accuracy are essential for an immersive gaming experience.
Industrial TFT displays with LED backlights offer several advantages over traditional CCFL backlights. They are more energy-efficient, have a longer lifespan, and produce less heat. However, they may not be suitable for use in extreme environments or applications where color accuracy is critical. Nevertheless, the use of LED backlights in industrial TFT displays is becoming more popular, and they are being used in a growing number of applications. As the technology continues to evolve, we can expect to see even more improvements in the future.